SEARCH the Guide, by date, band, artist, event, festival, etc. (in addition to the sidebar)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Show to Catch in Santa Barbara, Wednesday Night

.
Wednesday, July 18, a “SHOW-of-the-WEEK” pick, in Santa Barbara:
7:30 pm BRUCE GOLDISH, the amazing guitar virtuoso and writer of songs chockfull of wit, irony and charm, plays his CD release show for “Dream Come True” tonight at SOhO Restaurant & Music Club, 1221 State St, Santa Barbara 93101; 805-962-7776; www.sohosb.com. He’s joined by KATE WALLACE. + “Dream Come True” is a twenty-tune album. As for special Guest Kate Wallace? "The voice of an angel," said Maya Angelou.
+
If you are anywhere remotely close, go. Bruce owned the audience when he played the Live Oak Music Festival in June, and much of what he played then is on the new album. You’ll laugh and need to quiet yourself so you don’t miss anything. You’ll be dazzled by his guitar virtuosity. Go. Seriously.
+
All ages, and only $10 at the door. The CDs will be $10 - usually $15.
+
Bruce made both Santa Barbara newspapers this week. The Independent wrote,
+
"Most Sunday evenings, Goldish spends several hours playing in [a] parking structure... The acoustics of the concrete tower drew him there initially, and he’s frequented it ever since.
'The first time I did it, I just thought: "I bet I can do it for 10 minutes until they stop me," and that went for hours,' said Goldish.
'I've been doing that for eight years. I can play there just for myself, and I’ll get energy from that, just because the sound is so ethereal and big. And when a stray person comes along and says they appreciate it, I appreciate that, and I crank it up.'
+
After his SOhO show, Goldish plays the Ojai Concert Series July 28, the California Avocado Festival this October in Carpinteria, "and, of course, most Sunday evenings from roughly 6 p.m. to midnight in Parking Lot #9," as the story in the Santa Barbara paper notes.
+
For tickets to the CD-release show for "Dreams Come True," call 962-7776 or www.sohosb.com. For more on Goldish, check out brucegoldish.com
.
.

No comments: